I'm Not A Good Suburbanite
I have a confession to make: I was a bad suburbanite yesterday. Why? Well, there are a number of reasons…
- I carpooled down to the city in the morning with someone who was already going down there instead of driving my own car.
- I walked all over the city. Yes, on foot.
- Since I carpooled down to the city, I had to take the train back to the burbs.
- When I got to my train station, I walked home about 1 mile.
- Later, I had to return some movies and go to the bank. So I rode my bike. (To which, i noticed that people find bikers really annoying in the burbs. Its actually a slightly dangerous adventure).
So, there you go. I am a bad suburbanite. But, I think I exercised more yesterday than I have in 6 months. That’s sad.
(This isn’t supposed to be some kind of “look at how good I am” kind of post. It’s just that I think this is the first time I have done so much and gone so many places without ever driving my own car. I can’t help but think that’s not a bad thing).