Ordinary People Answer 7 Big Questions
I read recently in Relevant Magazine’s article on 7 Big Questions. In this article they asked 7 questions of Mark Driscoll, Rob Bell, Erwin McManus, Frederica Mathewes-Green, Lauren Winner, Efrem Smith, Rick Warren. These are some big names in the evangelical world and its no surprise that everyone wants to know what they have to say.
But, being a small church pastor myself, I am always interested in what the “no-namers” have to say. Men and women like my grandfather, who I consider one of the best pastors I have ever known, doesn’t get quite the voice that these people because he served in smaller communities. This is not their fault and its not his fault. It just is. I’m okay with that. I am glad that these men and women have a voice in our culture, I really am. I just wish those who served on the front lines had an opportunity to have more of a voice.
The great thing about our day is that the small church pastor can have a voice that my grandfather could not have had back in the day. So, I am curious, what do the leaders who aren’t “big names” have to say in answer to these questions that were asked of these well known leaders? After all, these are the people who are quietly serving in very important ways.
Here are the questions:
- What trends in church and worship styles do you see? Are they positive or negative?
- What is a negative tendency of this generation as it relates to the faith?
- What positive tendency do you see in this generation?
- What do you see as the greatest challenge for young Christians in the next 10 years?
- How should Christians be involved in the political system?
- How can a Christian fulfill a passion for social justice as a middle-class American?
- Where and how do you feel Christians can have the most impact on culture?
So, here is the point, if you are aren’t an “evengelical household name” and you have a blog, would you consider answering one, a couple, or even all of these questions? (You’ll notice in the relevant article that each person didn’t answer each question).
If you do, leave a comment in those post with a link to your answer(s).
I am going to be answering them myself starting this week.
If you are blogger, feel free to spread the questions around and steal this post or link to mine. I am really interested in what “ordinary” people have to say in response to them.