Suburbia Seminar with Al Hsu Registration
Just a reminder that the seminar for the ages is coming up soon (August 9th to be exact). There has been a lot of discussion about what it means to be missional in the suburbs. Wait, forget about being missional in suburbia, let’s ask a bigger question, what’s it mean to be Christian in suburbia? Many of us are realizing it’s not as easy as we’ve thought.
So, Al Hsu had graciously agreed to come all the way from Suburban Chicago and spend a day with us at The Well in suburban Philadelphia. His book, The Suburban Christian was fantastic and the day promises to have a great combination between theory, information and concrete examples of how we can think and live differently in our suburban setting.
So, go and register now. Registration $25 and it is strongly suggested you register before the day of the event so we can be sure to have enough food.
More info is available on The Well’s website.
Some resources and other stuff:
- Al Hsu’s Blog – the suburban christian – Al is the guest of honor.
- subtext.org – a new blog on this very topic.
- My paper on the topic – its long, but people tell me its worth it.
- Steve McCoy’s blog – Steve is co-author of “subtext” and pastors in suburban Chicago (Go Cubs!)
- Matt Adair’s Blog – the blog title says enough. “missio de suburbia.”
- Joe Thorn’s Blog – Joe runs “subtext” with Steve and pastors in suburbia.
- Scott Berkemier’s Blog – Scott’s taking a break from blogging but his past posts have a ton of great stuff on the topic of suburbia.
The best part of conferences is usually hanging out and meeting people. You are welcome to join us on Friday August 8th from 7:00pm – whenever to hang out at The Well.