The Best of The Last Few Months
Being crazy busy this week I don’t have a ton of time to write out some of the things I’ve been thinking (topics like, “the practice of taking offering in the missional church” and “why taking days off is awesome” and other fun thoughts).
But, in the meantime, I am hoping to get some reaction from a couple things I have been processing lately here on the blog. Since no one really responded I’m posting a few links to some posts that I’d love to hear your thoughts on. After all, isn’t that what blogs are for?
The other reason I am doing this (besides not having anything else to write) is because I think that one of the problems of blogs is that once a topic moves off the front page it gets lost and forgotten about. Of course, this makes those blog posts sad. So, here are a few blog posts that I don’t want to get lost in the archives. So, consider this a “best of” blog post.Â You know, like when the television shows can’t come up with a good script the characters just spend the time remembering past episodes…Â yeah, its kinda like that…
Some posts for your reading pleasure (at least, I hope):
- What about the homeless?
- My view of small groups
- Where does “true” spiritual growth happen? (To be fair, this one you guys participated in well, but I’d love to hear more thoughts.
- If you are a
pastorperson, have you processed this tidbit from Paul?
- Call yourself “missional” or a “follower of Jesus” or heck, a Christian? Its time to put up or shut up.
- The cycle of grace as defined by Scot McKnight
- What is “greatness” and how do we teach this to our children?
- Do you like the church, but not Jesus?
- Apparently, bombs don’t hurt the environment.
- You can still write our adopted son, Mason, a note.
- Of course, you can read all the letters I wrote Mason in the series of posts I wrote about our adoption while we were in Guatemala.
- In case you missed it,Â I wrote a lengthy paper on the gospel and suburbia that has received a fair amount of attention.
Okay, that should keep you buys for a few days while I get some work done!