Steve McCoy asks a great question of his Southern Baptist Friends, “What 5 books would you recommend for a church’s book table?” So, i am stealing the idea for this post from him…
Most of the answers there were in the Reformed circles. Some good titles there. But, I do wonder what top 5 books you would put on the back table of a church.
Here are mine:
- A Walk Through the Bible – Lesslie Newbigin (a great, short, non-churchy summary of the bible)
- Proper Confidence – Lesslie Newbigin
- A Spirituality for the Road – David Bosch
- Jesus Creed – Scot McKnight
- Embracing Grace – Scot McKnight
There are others I’d add to the list to round it out a bit, but those are the top 5 off the top of my head.
I’d love to throw some creative fiction like Flannery O’Connor on there but unfortunately I wouldn’t know where to start.
So, what are your top 5 back table books?