This is the tentative itinerary for our team while we are in Zambia so that you can pray more specifically while we are gone.
I might be posting updates here on my blog during the trip if time and technology allows.
In case you missed it, there are two main goals for the trip:
- The first is the immediate interaction with those we are speaking with and meeting. Obviously the goal here is that we can be an encouragement and begin many friendships that where we can learn from each other. A lot of our interaction will be in the areas of leadership development and pastoral encouragement.
- The second is that this trip would be another step towards a long-term partnership between The Well and the Ecclesia Network and this growing network of churches and ministries in Zambia.
Here’s the itinerary:
Tuesday, June 17
- Arrival and rest
- Evening tour of Lusaka (prayer for the Street Kids)
Wednesday, June 18
- Speaking at Lusaka Leadership Conference
- 4-hour bus ride to Livingstone in the evening
Thursday, June 19
- Speaking at Livingstone Leadership Conference
- Late afternoon tour of Victoria Falls
- 4-hour bus ride to Lusaka in the evening
Friday, June 20
- Flight to Ndola (or 4-hour bus ride)
- Evening of ministry and speaking with Harvest City Church’s Leadership Team
Saturday, June 21
- Speaking at Ndola Leadership Conference
- Spend the night at Nsobe Game Camp
Sunday, June 22
- Speaking / Preaching at Harvest City Church
- Afternoon spent visiting Nissi Orphanage and Dola Hill Village
- Evening meeting with area pastors
Monday, June 23
- Speaking in Kalulushi for an abbreviated Leadership Conference
- Speaking at Pastor’s Fellowship & afternoon visit to AIDS Hospice
- Evening w/ students at Ndola Technical College (this will have an evangelistic emphasis)
Tuesday, June 24
- Two-hour drive to Mufulira for an abbreviated Leadership Conference Pastor’s Fellowship
- Afternoon visit to Ndola Children’s Hospital
- Evening w/ Ndola Nurses Fellowship (Bible Study)
Wednesday, June 25
- Probably the hardest day of our trip because we will spend a few hours in Ndola’s largest slum, Chipulukusu
Thursday, June 26
- Departure from Ndola back to London.
Friday, June 27
- Arrive in the US after an overnight layover in London.
Thanks so much for your prayers during our trip. I look forward to sharing more when we get back…