Making coffee soda with your SodaStream and your Aeropress
I just bought a Sodastream and it has already made me a better person. I am now one step closer to sainthood because of it.
This is not a hyperbolic statement.
This morning, in a brilliant epiphany, I realized that I can make the coffee soda that I always get when I go to fancy coffee shops using my SodaStream and Aeropress. Since this new coffee experience has changed my life, I want to share it with you so that you too can find the hope and life changing nectar of this glorious reality.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A SodaStream (or just get some seltzer water or mineral water).
- An Aeropress coffee maker. I used this because it is the closest thing to an espresso shot I can get without buying a fancy espresso machine.
- Some decent coffee. I subscribed to Drink Trade during the pandemic and it has made me very, very happy.
- Simple syrup (If you like sweeter in your iced coffee like I do).
- Make some soda water with your fancy SodaStream (or if you are a loser, like I was before my SodaStream, just get some soda water from the store).
- Brew an upside-down Aeropress (thats the only way I do it anymore) 18g coffee and add water up to the second line. Stir it up and then press it after a minute.
- Fill glass (I used a high ball glass) with ice and add some simple syrup if you like sweetener in your ice coffee.
- Pour the delicious soda water into glass half about way up.
- Pour the glorious coffee you’ve brewed over the the soda water and ice.
- Top-off your glass with soda water, if necessary, and stir it up.
- Drink and have your life changed forever.
If you have your own way of making coffee soda at home I’d love to hear what you do differently!